The Conference on Cryptographic Hardware and Embedded Systems (CHES) attracts more than 400 attendees each year. Traditionally, CHES switches between venues in Europe, America and Asia.
Guidelines for Proposal Submission
Each year, the CHES steering committee solicits proposals for locations and general chairs of the CHES conference according to the IACR Guidelines for General Chairs
. In addition to the general guidelines by the IACR, the following refinements hold for CHES:
- CHES has a comparable size to IACR conferences. Therefore, proposals are limited to 4-8 pages as for IACR conferences.
- The CHES steering committee selects the venue and the general chairs for the conference in year N at the steering committee meeting of the CHES conference in the year N-2. Hence, proposals need to be submitted more than two years in advance.
- The steering committee invites submitters of proposals for year N to present their proposal at the steering committee meeting in year N-2.
- The CHES steering committee welcomes cooperation between research groups to organize a CHES conference. There should be only one proposal for each metropolitan area.
- After a proposal has been selected by the CHES steering committee, the steering committee recommends the selected proposal and the selected chairs to the IACR board of directors for approval through its representative to IACR. The recommendation to IACR is done no later than at IACR board meeting at Eurocrypt in the year before the planned CHES conference. This allows refinements of the proposal and the budget between the submission to the CHES steering committee and the IACR board of directors.
At CHES 2016, the CHES steering committee plans to decide on the venue for
CHES 2018, which will take place in Europe. Please submit your proposal for
CHES 2018 until August 10th, 2016 by email to Stefan Mangard (Stefan.Mangard AT
). Please indicate that you are preparing a proposal for
CHES 2018 no later than July 1st. Please feel free to contact us at any time
during the proposal preparation.