IACR News item: 24 March 2020
University of Exeter, UKJob Posting
Two fully funded PhD scholarships for EU/UK applicants are available in the Security and Trust of Advanced Systems Group (Prof. Achim Brucker and Dr. Diego Marmsoler) at the Department of Computer Science of the University of Exeter, UK.
We are looking for enthusiastic and outstanding Computer Science or Mathematics students with a strong background in some of the following topics:
- safety or security of (software) systems,
- formal modelling or formal reasoning/verification,
- program analysis or program verification,
- language-based security
- semantics of programming languages,
- theorem proving, model checking,
- cryptographic protocols,
- distributed systems (e.g., blockchain),
- specification-based testing, and
- design and implementation of security architectures.
This award provides annual funding to cover UK/EU tuition fees and a tax-free stipend. For students who pay UK/EU tuition fees the award will cover the tuition fees in full, plus at least £15,009 per year tax-free stipend. The studentship will be awarded on the basis of merit for 3.5 years of full-time study.
For more details, please consult the official advertisement. The closing date for applications is midnight on 1 May 2020.
Closing date for applications:
Contact: Achim Brucker (http://emps.exeter.ac.uk/computer-science/staff/ab1185)
More information: http://www.exeter.ac.uk/studying/funding/award/?id=3887
Additional news items may be found on the IACR news page.